Buying refined sugar free chocolate can get expensive, so why not try making your own? This chocolate can be eaten on its own or used in many different recipes. You can easily scale up the quantities to make as much as you desire.
- ½ cup raw cacao butter (about 60g)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut butter or nut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fill a small saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a gentle simmer, then turn the heat to low. Place the cacao butter into a medium heatproof bowl and put this on top of the saucepan. Make sure the water isn’t touching the bowl. Allow the cacao butter to melt.
- Once the cacao butter has fully melted, take it off the heat, ensuring no water gets in the bowl, and stir in the rest of the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a silicone mould of your choice (or use a plastic/ glass container lined with baking paper) then place into the fridge until fully set.