There’s no need to miss out on bread if you are following a gluten free or paleo lifestyle. This bread is best served toasted, and delicious when spread with you favourite nut butter or some smashed avo.
Makes 1 loaf.
- 150g almond meal
- 80g hemp seeds
- 3 scoops/ 45g hemp collagen superblend
- 75g tapioca flour
- 3.5 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- Good pinch of sea salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2.5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 150 C fan. Grease and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until combined. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold together all the ingredients, then scoop into the loaf tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 90 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for 5 days.