Why buy store-bought mayonnaise when it takes no time at all to make this homemade version? As long as you follow the method, it’s basically foolproof.
- 2 egg yolks, from large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Good pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 200 ml olive oil or macadamia oil
- Add the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, oil and salt & pepper to a glass jug or jar. Pour in the oil.
- With a stick blender, blend on high-speed, starting at the bottom of the jug and slowly work your way to the top. The mayonnaise should be nice and thick. Check for seasoning – add more if required.
- If you don’t have a stick blender, use a food processor: Add the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and salt & pepper. Process, and with the motor still running, very slowly pour in the oil until the mayonnaise is thick and creamy.