Mexican Pork Mince
Serves 4 – 6
- 3 red onions, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1kg pork mince
- 2 tins (800g) diced tomatoes
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Heat the oven to 160C fan.
In a large saucepan or pot, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened.
Add the garlic, chilli and spices and continue to cook for another minute.
Turn the heat up to high and add the pork mince. Fry, stirring with a spoon to break any lumps, for 5 minutes, until the meat is browned.
Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and vinegar, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for a few minutes.
Put the lid on the pot and place into the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Taste the mince now to check for seasoning and add more if necessary. Serve with the fresh coriander.