Savoury Pumpkin Bread
This delicious bread celebrates one of my favourite veggies – pumpkin, and is the perfect way to start your day. Best served toasted
Makes 1 loaf
- 500 g grated pumpkin/ butternut squash
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g almond meal
- 50 g coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husks
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160℃ fan. Grease & line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine the pumpkin, eggs & olive oil until nearly smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl, then mix in the rest of the ingredients until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, then cover with a tea towel and set aside for half an hour (this allows the psyllium to absorb some moisture).
- Bake for 1.5 hours, or until the bread is nicely browned and a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve.